VOLUNTEERING IN TANZANIA 2022 PROGRAMS
Click on a specific program to learn more about our Tanzania volunteer programs 2022
Volunteer in Zanzibar, Tanzania: Everything You Need in Details
Memorable Volunteer Jobs in Tanzania
Teaching English Dar Es Salaam
Summer Special Needs and Disability
Midwifery Medical Opportunities
Sports Volunteering Opportunities
Volunteering Orphanage Work
Volunteer in Tanzania Orphanage
Volunteer Teaching in Tanzania
Volunteer Teaching Arusha
Special Needs and Disability Assistant
Special Needs and Disability Teacher
Pediatric Medical Job Dar Es Salaam
Nurse Student Elective Dar Es Salaam
Assistant Medical Nurse Arusha
Midwives Associates Dar Es Salaam
Midwife Elective Opportunities
Midwife Hospital Assistant Arusha
Medical Student Intern Dar Es Salaam
Medical Physician Job Dar Es Salaam
Medical Internship Dar Es Salaam
Hospital Assistant Dar Es Salaam
Teaching Summer Opportunities Dar Es Salaam
Dental-care Assistant Dar Es Salaam
Hospital Children Assistant
Child and Day-care job Dar Es Salaam
Eye or Optician Volunteer Dar Es Salaam
Assistant Nurse Volunteer Dar Es Salaam
Assistant Nursing Volunteer Zanzibar
Medical Physician Volunteer Zanzibar
A Tanzania experience is a reality of what most people expect of Africa. Boundless wilderness, where wildlife roams on their natural habitat, flamboyant Masai, and mountain peaks where you can see the edge of the globe. These endless landscapes and wildlife are real, but there’s much more to practice and to realize in volunteering in Tanzania. Additional fact is that the indigenous public needs your help. Focus on education, women’s enabling, or medical care and mark a big difference in volunteering or traveling.
Tanzania is a hiking destination, home to Mount Kilimanjaro, a quiet beach, and many volunteer opportunities. Here are some interesting facts about Tanzania that can encourage you to take your luggage to Tanzania and volunteer abroad.
- Tanzania is very important in understanding human evolution. Oldest mankind skull in creation, aging two million years ago, was revealed in Olduvai Gorge North of Tanzania, by renowned archaeologist Dr. Louise Leakey.
- Zanzibar is home to a unique leopard inhabitant, these leopards which are prevalent in the area. They are reflected to be nearly extinct.
- The Kilimanjaro is home to almost all types of bionetworks. These include arable land, rainforests, heat and steppes, alpine deserts, and peaks of the Arctic Circle.
- Tanzania and the planet oldest ecosystem is the Serengeti National Park and have stayed unaffected for over a million years.
Why volunteering abroad in Tanzania?
Evidence shows many benefits to volunteering in Tanzania rather than just doing tourism. The only enhanced manner to getting to know the values and societies of a nation is by joining the society and lending your expertise.
Notwithstanding your mission purpose, if it’s a healthcare missionary journey, participating in women’s enablement programs, or constructing a home, your involvement will always be valued. Profit from astonishing meetings with inhabitants and other fellow volunteers and know-how in Tanzania as a local.
Enthusiastic about volunteering in Tanzania 2022 programs? And yet you still don’t know how and where to start the meaningful volunteer abroad in Tanzania Journey, KIVOLEX Volunteers is going to take you through a summary of diverse volunteer opportunities in Tanzania. We are also encouraging you to contact us, our amazing team is always happy to help you out.
Tanzania Medical Mission Journey
Tanzania one of the most needy country in terms of requiring medical professional support. If you are a medical student, nurse student, medical professional or Pre medical student, there are many medical programs that require additional provision. Specifically in the countryside! Volunteer in medical work and support native medics and health centers with issues such as:
- Old devices
- Lack of medication
- Shortage of staff
- Increased influx of patients
The routine activities of health worker volunteering depend on the experience of the volunteer. As a medical volunteer in Tanzania, you:
- Assist the local nurses as they care for patients,
- Drug administration
- Work in maternity
- Assist in Cancelling and psychotherapy
- Organize discussions on hygiene and disease prevention in community and schools as part of medical counseling program.
Healthcare assignment abroad is a great way to gain hands-on experience and help the needy society in Tanzania. Students pursuing medical course can attain college credits while volunteering. You may need to check with your university for applicable requirements. However, it is always advice to constant your collage on this.
How to get Involve in Tanzania teaching Program
Education is among significant methods to add Value to the Society and also among best methods to empower both man and woman in developing world. Tanzania is leading in terms of teaching opportunities and openings as it is among under resourced and low staffed countries in education sector.
Volunteer in Tanzania local schools and support the efforts of local teacher and admiration in provision of quality educations. Make a difference in daily routines of students in Dar Es Salaam, Arusha and Zanzibar while at the same time exploring the beauty Tanzania has to offer.
Your skills, Interest and Experience determine where and what to teach. It has been evident that primary schools teachers are highly needed. However you have room to focus on your subjects of Interest and experience, such as:
- Helping teaching English
- Business and finance Lessons
- Computer skills
- Sports and Physical Education
Design and get involved in extra curriculum activities such as sports and games. Such undertakings are paramount for children to learn teamwork skills, justice and conflict resolution. It offers them time to enjoy and an opportunity to intermingle with their friends and fellow students. The value of this process is priceless specifically is these poor communities.
Process of Teaching English as a Second Language in Tanzania
Participating in an English education program is a great opportunity for volunteers who want to develop into teachers and are considering for an experience in teaching English abroad. Knowledge of English can have a profound effect on a person’s future as it provides many job prospects. Get ready to dedicate your life to schooling in Tanzania!
Helping in Developing Tanzania’s community program
We have varying methods to get you actively involved in community development as a volunteer in our Tanzania Programs. Many voluntary NGOs in Tanzania need help in different volunteer jobs.
Village centers in rural area offer assistance to schools, families and the elderly when required. If you are interested in taking on different responsibilities during volunteer programs in Tanzania, it could be an ideal program for you. The following are examples of tasks to expect.
- Support local schools
- Take care of child while their parents are at work
- Family visits
- Development and up keeping of public areas such as Communal farms and playgrounds
- Creation of leisure centers and educational activities for adults
Do you enjoy working with people on a voluntary basis and are you tough in communication? You can use skills, talents and experience to conduct conservational responsiveness seminars abroad. They help train local people in sustainability, recycling and renewable energy, a technology that is relatively new in many parts of Africa.
How to volunteer to participate in a construction program
Building a program is great if you enjoy the physical work of seeing the immediate results of your efforts. Remodeling local homes and schools is a great way to contribute to a better future and help local people.
In what way to volunteer in women’s empowerment
Opinions are slowly changing; however women in Tanzania and several other parts of Africa are not regarded equal to men. They are not free and rest on male characters such as fathers and brothers. In principle, they are not allowed to own and are more exaggerated by poverty than men.
These situations make many homeless girls and women vulnerable to violence, abuse and human trafficking without family support. Many of them are uneducated and have no means to mend the condition and have been raped by crime and prostitution.
Women’s empowerment projects have different functions. If you feel you are not ready to work one-on-one with a woman, you can help with other things such as:
- Promotion money for the programs
- Take care of small female young children while they work or study
- Teaching business and English Lessons
- Teaching basic skills like Entrepreneurship and Trading
- Work in a safe kitchen for women and girls
Volunteering in women’s empowerment projects is a good idea if you want to help disadvantaged women and if you are looking for a volunteer job. Keep in mind that, these women are subject of inhuman treatment, drug addiction or other trauma.
Working on these projects as a consultant, social worker or therapist is certainly not for everyone. In some cases, you need experience working with vulnerable and traumatized people.
Remember that most empowerment projects for women abroad only accept female volunteers to ensure that women are safe, secure and trust the people around them. As a volunteer in Tanzania, some protections must abide to conduct and privacy to safeguard their users.
Places to Volunteer in Tanzania?
Tanzania is a big country. Most volunteer projects focus on community service, so you can volunteer in one of the big cities. The main destinations are Dar es Salaam, Moshi and Arusha and Zanzibar.
Volunteering in Dar es Salaam
The former fishing village has now become a major coastal city and one of the busiest beaches in East Africa. Volunteering in Dar es Salaam offers opportunities that focus on education Projects and health services. In the former capital of Tanzania, volunteers who want to teach or get involved in medical programs have a lot to do.
Volunteering in Moshi
Moshi, the gateway to Kilimanjaro National Park and one of Tanzania Tourist centers, it is located Northern Tanzania on the border of Tanzania and Kenya. Volunteers support for many NGOs in Moshi, Tanzania. From educational projects, community services, medical volunteer activities to wildlife conservation activities. Choose a volunteer category and get ready for a volunteer adventure abroad!
Volunteering in Arusha
Arusha is the center of volunteering. Volunteer in Arusha, Tanzania to support the community. Whether you work in the medical field or are a teacher, your help is essential. Arusha is a big metropolitan northeast of Tanzania, a doorway to Tanzania’s national parks and safaris, and a pronounced holiday retreat.
How much does volunteering in Tanzania cost?
The recommend your budget around $20 – $30 for a day-to-day expenses while you volunteers in Tanzania. It is an offer with average prices for some goods and services that you may need while abroad. This will help you review costs as you prepare for the trip and save money.
To access ATM money and pay the national park entrance fee you need Master card or Visa Card. You wont be accepted with a credit card or carry high hotels bills without clearing the bills.
Additional costs to consider volunteering in Tanzania:
- Your Volunteer Program fee
- Flights (find cheap flights to Tanzania)
- Travel insurance (recommended for world nomads)
- Visa fee
- Personal expenses
Below is an estimate of average cost for some services in Tanzania
- Hotels – $43
- Burger – $2
- Cola – $0.4
- Luncheon – $5
- Car Rental – $200
- Cigarette – $1.34
- Beer – $0.9
- Fuel – $1.01
- Public Transport – $0.13
Is it possible to volunteer in Tanzania for free?
Most voluntary programs require living expenses and, in some cases, supporting the organization you are working for. But don’t worry we have budget friendly Volunteering opportunities in Tanzania. You can easily find volunteer programs in your budget.
In case of any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact our chat team. Our team is only happy to help you out.
Before you volunteer in Tanzania we recommend the following.
Going abroad requires constant preparation. The following suggestions may be well-known:
Religion, Values, Norms and Culture
- When you volunteer to work in another country, a handful understanding of culture is essential. Below details regard regarding Tanzania that may be of help:
- Tanzania is a place of peace, home to over 120 different ethnic and cultural groups, and is part of its ethnic tradition.
- One third of the total population adheres to Islam, Christianity, and all customary beliefs.
- Zanzibar 99% of the population is Muslim. Perhaps you should consider this when you visit there.
Is it safe to volunteer in Tanzania?
Security standards in Tanzania and Africa are often very different from those in Europe and America. Make sure you adhere to these standards.
- Go in the direction of traffic and stay away from the road as much as possible. When overtaking cars or motorcycles, thieves use pickpocketing.
- Avoid carrying large sum of cash with you unless you need to. Please leave essential belongings, Valuables, money and jewelry at the hotel security.
- Only travel in licensed taxis and see if the traffic is safe.
To reduce your risk of illness while volunteering abroad, follow these health tips:
- Insure you are vaccinated against MMR, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis, chickenpox and polio.
- According to the CDC, other vaccines against hepatitis A and B, typhus, rabies and yellow fever are recommended for travelers. Talk to your doctor about which vaccines are suitable for you.
- Learn about local health services and get yourself a health insurance.
- Use a moisturizer and cover the skin to avoid mosquito bites. Zika, malaria and yellow fever are health hazards in Tanzania.
- When hiking or climbing, make sure you are well prepared for the cold. The extreme height of Kilimanjaro can cause altitude sickness.
Depending on the type of volunteer work you do, you will need to adjust your packing list accordingly. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Carry copy of your passport and all important documents, not the originals.
- It is suggested you bring a hat to protect you from the sun, sunscreen and a strong insect repellent.
- Take all medical supplies you may need.
What are the requirements to volunteer in Tanzania?
Most overseas programs require diverse skills from global volunteers. However, Specific requirements can be seen on a Volunteer project page, but the general requirements that apply to most volunteer opportunities in Tanzania are:
- For most volunteer projects, you must be at least 18 years old and above, particularly if you work with children.
- You must have an elementary knowledge of English Language to volunteer in Tanzania.
- A few Programs could request for De a criminal record and a health certificate to volunteer in Tanzania.
What is Tanzania Volunteer Visa Requirements?
The information below is the best you could find around as we are collaborating with several partners and volunteer organization to produce it. We suggest you ask your coordinator regarding VISA requirements. It is also advice to get in touch with the Tanzanian embassy or consulate in your home country.
General information about immigration
Requirements you need to meet when you Visit Tanzania:
Check the current validity of your passport, and make sure your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Tanzania.
Your passport needs to have at least two blank pages
Check if a transit visa is required for the connection.
You need a binding return ticket.
Final thoughts on volunteering in Tanzania 2022 Programs
If you are planning to volunteer in Tanzania for 90 days or less then you can easily get a Visa on arrival. As the name suggests, this visa can be purchased at the arrival airport and costs from $ 50 to $ 100. You should contact the nearest Tanzanian embassy or consulate to find out if you need a work permit or not.
Had a dream to do some volunteering work in Africa? Tanzania looks an ideal destination, you can imagine. Mount Kilimanjaro, boundless national parks and stunning wildlife habitats. Focus on Tanzania and take advantage of the opportunity to explore its national treasure. Volunteer in one of these projects to help Tanzania. Work as a volunteer, go to Tanzania and change the lives of others.